It’s ‘Movember‘, you know what that means, time to ditch the razor! As an advocate for healthy living and illness prevention I’m in favor of it. Plus, lately, hot guys with nice scruff are seriously making me crazy. #hot
A lot of work is done to bring awareness to breast cancer prevention, it’s about time we focus on men’s health. The health issues men face are just as serious.
- Roughly 1 in 6 male Americans will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime, 97% of them, over the age of 50
- In fact, the likely hood of a man being diagnosed with prostate cancer is 35% higher than that of a woman diagnosed with breast cancer
- Chances are even higher in African American men
- A man dies from prostate cancer every 17.5 seconds
- Early detection and proper treatment is key. Know the symptoms and be proactive. There is a 97 success rate of survival with early detection
- The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) recently conducted a study that revealed increasing your intake of vitamin K2 may cut the risk of prostate cancer by 35%. Where do you get K2? Cheese, egg yolks, chicken breast, chicken liver (if you can stand it), butter, salami (not exactly a health food), natto and ground beef
- Think you’re too young to take it seriously? The most common cancer in men ages 15 – 35 is testicular cancer
- Nearly 8,000 men in the U.S. will be diagnosed this year
- The good news is that the survival rate is 90% if caught early so get screened, go for your yearly physicals and learn how to self exam guys
- Avoiding personal care products containing carcinogens is one of the best ways to prevent cancer and other illnesses
It’s also important to stay away from products that have endocrine disruptors like parabens. They mess with your entire endocrine system and mimic the body’s natural hormones increasing the risk of certain cancers.
The ingredients in most personal care items that men use are just as toxic as the ones women use so choose shampoo, shaving cream, sunscreen, etc. that do not contain harmful ingredients.
Healthy guys are sexxxy