I’m thrilled to partner with Luvanya on a fabulous giveaway for Clean Beauty Scene podcast listeners! Scroll down to enter. My guest this week is Dr. Alpa Patel, retired pediatrician with a background in biochemistry, mother of 2, and, CEO & Founder of Luvanya. You can listen to the interview on any of your favorite podcast apps or click here.
One of my top priorities is researching and discovering clean beauty brands to bring you a variety of recommendations. When I was approached by Dr. Patel to be a guest on Clean Beauty Scene podcast I was inspired by her story and impressed with her line and expertise in plant-based holistic lifestyles.
A year ago we had never even heard the term maskne, now so many are suffering from it. If you have maskne this episode will be incredibly helpful for you but even if you’re not you’ll love this episode because Dr. Patel shares great skincare tips, the right routine for healthy skin and nourishing skin fortifying ingredients to look for. She also shares helpful advice to protect your skin from blue light. Exposure from our devices that we are constantly on is also damaging our skin.
Luvanya is clean, vegan and doctor formulated combining science with nature for the most visible and effective results to improve the health of your skin. Enter code luv20 for 20% off your Lavanya purchase (excludes sale items).
We need clean products for our health but we also want products that are effective and results driven. Those of us who are Gen Xers and beyond need products that work. Check out all of the wonderful testimonials on their site. The packaging is beautiful too!
Dr. Patel’s Maskne Prevention Tips
1. Wash masks with every use! Use masks with breathable natural fabric. Silk or 100% cotton is best. Use a mask that fits properly – if too tight can cause skin breakdown.
2. Cleanse and moisturize face after using mask and double cleanse after makeup use
3. Exfoliate regularly. ( A gentle exfoliating product that you can use regularly and safely will keep your skin free from daily toxins and build up.)- favorite ingredient glycolic acid
4. A weekly detox mask will help greatly!
5. Use products that incorporate ingredients with powerful anti-inflammatory properties to keep your skin calm and soothed under that mask! We need to keep barrier function strong – so look for products that will help maintain a strong barrier.
7 Ways to Protect Your Skin From Blue Light
1. Incorporate Antioxidants in your skincare – (CoQ10, Niacinamide, Guava Extract, Raspberry Seed Oil, Broccoli Seed Oil)
2. Eat a diet rich in Antioxidants – (leafy greens, fruits, nuts, vegetables)
3. Invest in a blue light filter for your screens
4. Lower the brightness of your screens up to 50%
5. Use your devices’ nighttime settings
6. Spend time away from screens
7. Wear SPF
Enter our giveaway! One lucky winner will receive:
A Luvanya Maskne Skincare Set & a 1:1 Wellness Coaching Session with Kelly
Total prize valued at over $200!
Luvanya’s Maskne Skincare Set is curated to protect your face from the irritation, redness and potential acne caused by the fabric of your mask and the buildup of moisture.
✅ Luvanya Nourishing Gel Cleanser
✅ Luvanya Nighttime Exfoliating Elixir
✅ Luvanya High Performance Hydrator
✅ Luvanya Superfoods Dextox Face Mask
✅ Silicon Mask Applicator
P.S. My FREE 5 day challenge to help you kickstart pandemic weight loss & get rid of the #quarantine15 starts Sunday, click here to sign up!