Are You Ready For Some Football?
Chips, dips, chicken wings, burgers, pizza, meatballs, beer guzzling, a whole lot of hootin’ & hollerin’… the Super Bowl is a big deal, it’s practically treated like a national holiday. More than 1 billion people all over the world are expected to watch. I don’t know much about football but now that my son is playing tackle I’m learning. (And actually liking it ;)!)
“Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority” ~Vince Lombardi
My husband is a football fanatic. I know baseball, I grew up going to Dodger games with my dad. You might not know much about football either but at least you can wow ’em at that Super Bowl party with these tidbits of knowledge!
- This is the Broncos 7th time playing in the Super Bowl, the Cowboys & the Steelers have each played 8 times. The Steelers took the Vince Lombardi Trophy 5 out of those 8 times
- The winning team of the first Super Bowl game was The Green Bay Packers
- Did you know that they rotate as many as 120 footballs during the game?
- Lots of people are just as tuned in to the commercials. A :30 spot costs companies 4 million dollars, a :60? 8 million!
- Have any idea what the ’12th man’ signifies? The fans in the stadium
- Just 2 months shy of his 38th birthday, Peyton Manning is not the oldest QB to play in the Super Bowl. That would would be John Elway, he was 38
- Despite all the hoopla, the Super Bowl is the 2nd most watched sporting event. The Soccer Champions League final gets more viewers. Sort of surprised me too
- No Super Bowl game has ever gone into overtime
Who do you think will declare victory? Jimmy Fallon’s puppies picked the Broncos. Have you seen that cuteness on his show? Well, they got it right for the world series! Will you be cheering with Blitz, the Seahawk’s mascot or Miles, the Bronco’s mascot? Post a comment and give me your thoughts on the game, Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers performances and let me know which commercial you though was most creative!
“The reason women don’t play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit out in public” ~Phyllis Diller