Today is Green Monday, the biggest shopping day in December. It is estimated that more than 1 billion dollars will be spent online while people scramble to order gifts. There are a lot of deals to take advantage of today. Amazon has a 51” Samsung 3D HD TV for $1200, that’s $1,000 off! They also have the Kindle Fire on sale for $299 with free 2 day shipping. Target is offering the XBOX 360 4GB for $249.99, that’s a $50 savings and buy one get one half off Barbie, Disney and Princess toys. Toys R Us is offering 25 – 30% off of some big ticket items. You can get a Razor scooter for $20 at Walmart.
I’m personally in denial that Christmas is a mere two weeks away. I have hardly done any shopping yet! I better get on it. Here are some ideas that might make the loves on your list smile.
- One of my new favorite obsessions? Fresh handmade cosmetics from Lush. You know how passionate I am about using personal care items that don’t contain harmful ingredients. These products are from fresh, organic fruit and vegetables, essential oils and safe synthetics. They are made fresh by hand using little or no preservatives or packaging, and only vegetarian ingredients. They have good stuff for guys too.
- ‘Of the month clubs’ are back in vogue. Not a bad idea for the hard to buy for people or those people on your list who have everything. Is your assistant a beauty junkie? Check out Birch Box. Each month she’ll receive 4 -5 samples of high end beauty products, prices start at $10 a month.
- Personalize it with silk initial bracelets by Tanya Oskanian for Hokise Jewelry. I want these!
- There is just something so fun about stocking stuffers, don’t you think? One of my all time favorite stocking stuffers when I was a little girl was a huge tube of 6 different flavors of lip smackers, the giant ones, remember those?! I absolutely loved Lip Smackers but they unfortunately contain some chemicals you don’t want to absorb. An eco-friendly version of lip smackers from Crazy Rumors Hibiskiss come in yummy flavors and lovely hues made from botanical extracts, not artificial colors. They are vegan, cruelty free and and even gluten free!
- Every girl likes a little bling, Stella & Dot has both fun chunky statement pieces and more delicate, understated jewelry as well so you’ll find something for every gal on your list. Contact stylist Christina Hamor to place your order.
- And for the health fanatic on your list? Give the gift of amino acids, minerals, vitamins, blood-boosting chlorophyll and antioxidants with a Grow Your Own Wheat Grass Kit from Open Sky.