There’s a hippie chick hiding inside this savvy ecopreneur that feels compelled to treat the earth with kindness every day. Connect with your inner flower child and make a few positive changes for Mother Earth, we will all reap the benefits…
Celebrate our beautiful planet… the flowers, trees, lakes, deep blue seas, billowy clouds, rolling green hills, the Seven Wonders and everything in between by making a few simple changes to help keep it clean
- Use Less Water Take shorter showers, turn off the water while brushing your teeth and washing your face
- Treat Your Bod With Eco Friendly Kindness Use clean, non toxic personal care and beauty products. What goes on your body doesn’t just affect you and your health, they harm our precious environment.
- Walk Instead Of Drive Whenever You Can
- Decorate Sustainably Buy throw pillows and upholstered furniture made with fabrics like hemp, wool, millet and cotton that have the stamp of approval from the FFC to insure they are environmentally friendly and made with renewable resources
- Purchase Local Hit the farmer’s market and local shops who sell goods from merchants in your area
- Steer Clear of Traditional Dry Cleaners Even trace amounts of the commonly used solvent perchloroethylene [perc] has been labeled as a ‘likely human carcinogen’ by the EPA. Start patroning green dry cleaners or don’t buy as much ‘dry clean only’ clothing. You’ll save money and the environment. Women spend roughly $1500 a year on dry cleaning bills
- Shut The Lights Off When You Leave A Room
- Green Your Cleaning Routine Use products that do not contain harmful toxins to clean your home, car and office. Just like using non toxic personal care products, this is far healthier for the environment and your family
- Unplug Electronics When You’re Not Using Them
- Luxuriate In A Bubble Bath Pour yourself a nice glass of wine, light some candles and relax. It takes less water to fill a tub than a 10 minute shower
- Don’t Toss Paper Every ton of paper we recycle, saves 17 trees, 7000 gallons of water, 380 gallons of oil so please recycle it. About 40% of landfill waste is paper
- Hang Dry Your Clothes
- Reduce Your Body’s Toxic Burden When you reduce your own personal exposure to toxins you reduce your contribution of dangerous chemicals getting back into our environment. Our government is not making sure our products are safe so we need to choose them wisely
- Use Reusable Bottles See that water bottle sitting on your desk? About 38 billion of those end up in landfills each year, that’s enough to circle the globe 150 times and each of those bottles takes at least 700 years to decompose. There are a ton of reusable options out there. Even the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services cautions parents to reduce their kid’s exposure to BPA.
The Earth Day Network works all year with over 22,000 partners and organizations
to fight for a cleaner environment
Earth Day founder, Gaylord Nelson, a Wisconsin Senator at the time, was inspired to make a difference after the devastation of the oil spill in Santa Barbara, California in 1969. On April 22, 1970, at the height of the flower child era, 20 million Americans held demonstrations across the country rallying for a healthy, sustainable environment.
We still face many of the same environmental issues as we did on that first Earth Day. Some are far worse and others, such as global warming have not brought the devastation some predicted it would at this point in time. Many scientists believe global warming is a myth, that the earth experiences natural climate changes regardless of human impact.
Love our glorious planet Earth and treat it as though every day is Earth Day. Don’t overwhelm yourself, do what you are moved to do. Even small things makes a difference. What do you do to help keep the earth beautiful
Cleaning up your personal care & beauty routine is beneficial for your health as well as the earth but it can be overwhelming to know what products are safe and which to avoid. To help people figure it out and minimize their body’s toxic burden, I’m running a fun, FREE green your beauty routine challenge in July:
5 Days To A Clean, Green Beauty Routine
In this challenge, you’ll learn simple tips that you can start right away to look better, feel great & improve your health by detoxing your beauty & personal care routine without giving up glamour ? It will be easy and fun, sign up here!