A body in motion stays in motion
We all want to look our best when we hit the beach this summer and it’s obviously important it is to be physically fit. Be aware, I’m talking about being fit and looking your best, NOT trying to fit into a ridiculous size 0. Remember, booties are in!
Thank you J-Lo, Kim K., Beyonce, Iggy, Nicki Manaj, Meghan Trainor, et al. After years of trying to keep the junk in my trunk under control, women are now PAYING for butt implants! Keep those sexy curves girls. Men like them. Trust me.
- Start your day with eggs Eggs help stave off hunger so you’ll likely eat less the rest of the day. Eat the whole egg, don’t ditch the yolks! They contain powerful nutrients plus, you’ll get a good dose of protein. Add some chopped veggies to scrambled eggs or an omelette for extra credit
- HIIT It 20 minutes of high intensity interval training (HIIT) has been shown to burn more fat than longer exercise sessions at moderate intensity. A few times a week, get your heart rate up for 4 minutes by jumping rope, doing some squats & lunges then recover for 1 minute. Do another high intensity 3-4 minutes with some burpees, push-ups and tricep dips. Repeat this sequence until your 20 minutes is up, go for 30 minutes if you have the time. You’ll burn fat and work your whole body
- Try ACV Add a tablespoon or 2 of Apple Cider Vinegar to a glass of water. Obese people who did this every day in a recent study burned significantly more body fat than those drinking a placebo despite the fact that they were on the same diet and exercise routine. Researchers say that the acid in the vinegar enhances the body’s ability to burn fat and inhibits its ability to store it. The vinegar has other health benefits as well such as, possibly lowering bad cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure levels
- Eat Clean Have lean protein with every meal, load up on fruit & veggies, make legumes a staple of your diet, snack on nuts & seeds and eat whole grains like quinoa, brown rice, millet, buckwheat & amaranth – ditch the white stuff
- Drink Plenty of Water Forget diet drinks. They have been shown to impede weight loss anyway. Don’t waste your calories on soda or juice. Fill up on water to keep you hydrated and satiated between meals. Being adequately hydrated will also help your energy levels. Even a slight dehydration may slow metabolism and it can make you feel tired which might keep you from being motivated to work out & you don’t want that!