“It is health that is real wealth” -Mahatma Gandhi
- Swimsuit season is right around the corner so there is no time like the present to kick it into gear and get into shape. Looking hot in a bikini is good motivation but an even better reason? Staying in shape is good cancer prevention. Being sedentary and over weight causes just as many cancer deaths as cigarette smoking! Research strongly suggests that fat encourages tumors to grow so hop on that treadmill while you watch the next episode of The Real Housewives
- Feeling a little sluggish during the day? You might not be drinking enough water. 75% of Americans are dehydrated and likely don’t realize. Dehydration can make you feel tired and it may slow your metabolism down. Stay hydrated and you’ll be more alert. Make it more palatable by adding a few slices of lemon, lime or orange
- Go bananas. They’re full of potassium which has many health benefits including lowering blood pressure, stress and anxiety as well as reducing your risk of stroke. Bananas also have resistant starch, a type of fiber that is not absorbed so neither are as many calories and it’s been shown to improve insulin sensitivity
- Germs Like hard surfaces such as light switches, door knobs and remote controls so wipe them of regularly, especially after someone in your family has been ill. Research has found that one third of the surfaces in hotel rooms were still covered in germs a day later, even after the room was cleaned. Eeeww. Good reason to pack some wipes.
- Are you looking to add more fiber and omega-3 fatty acids to your diet? Sprinkle ground flax seeds on yogurt, cereal, smoothies, nut butters and add some to your pancake and cookie mixes