By guest blogger Vikram Rout
Weddings are special events. Family, friends, well wishers and colleagues gather together to make the day unforgettable. Preparing for the big day is a lengthy and hectic process, with many decisions to make. Choosing the bridal gown is one of the most important of those decisions but choosing the bridesmaid dresses is a close second, your maids in waiting need to look great too! With so many different Bridesmaid dress options on the market today, it’s not an easy task to fulfill.
When deciding on the colors for bridesmaid dresses, let’s look the latest trends this season. Shades of mocha, grey, vintage rose and slate are some all time favorites. Cadburys’ or plum purple bridesmaid dress is a lovely option for winter weddings. For spring weddings, shades of pink and peaches are in. Pastels shades are great for both summer and spring weddings. Black dresses with various lengths are a big hit this season and we're also seeing a lot of floral prints.
- The halter style neckline is very flattering for all body types, be it tall or short, flat chested or busty. Dramatic bracelets or earrings is a good way to accessorize a halter dress. Nice fabric choices include chiffon and satin.
- The A-line style dress flatters everybody. It has a classy, elegant feel adding shape to the slim body and balancing a busty figure. A-line dresses look great in organza, taffeta, faille and satin.
- Dresses in gathered chiffon make the sexiest of bridesmaid dresses. Feminine and overtly classy, bridesmaids look like angels in this style, especially when done in pastel shades.
- Separates have become a big trend and a very useful one indeed especially if your bridesmaids vary in shape and size.
- The biggest bridesmaid dress trend for 2014 weddings is the twist wrap dress. These dresses are made of comfortable material and can be wrapped in different styles. Jersey dresses in this style are all the rage this season.