“Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It soley relies on what you think” ~Buddha
There is some truth to that saying ‘laughter is the best medicine’ scores of studies show that happiness and optimism makes you healthier. Onchology researcher Dr.Kelly Turner discovered that feeling truly joyful and grateful for even just 5 minutes a day floods the entire bloodstream with immune boosting hormones. Genuinely happy people…
- Tend to have a lower chance of getting cancer or diabetes
- Have less risk of being diagnosed with heart disease
- Live longer and sleep better than grouchier folks
- Are less stressed because optimism and happiness prevent your body from over producing cortisol, the ‘stress hormone’
- Have a 9% lower chance of suffering from a stroke
- Bounce back from illness faster and they deal with disappoint and setbacks better because they are are more resilient
- Live an average of 7 years longer
Spreading kindness and joy is a very healthy thing to do and it really does make you feel good so take part in the Acts of Happiness movement by doing something nice, any act, big or small counts!
Happiness… Contentment… Hope… Optimism… Gratitude
Just not feeling it? Fake it ’til you make it. We can actually create changes in our nervous system with facial expression that’s why smiling when you’re not feeling particularly happy can boost your mood.
“If you want to be happy, be!” ~Tolstoi
Leave a Reply