- Go bananas. They’re full of potassium which has many health benefits including lowering blood pressure, stress and anxiety as well as reducing your risk of stroke. Bananas also have resistant starch, a type of fiber that is not absorbed so neither are as many calories and it’s been shown to improve insulin sensitivity
- Swimsuit season is here so there is no time like the present to kick it into gear and get into shape. Looking hot in a bikini is good motivation but an even better reason? Staying in shape is good cancer prevention. Being sedentary and over weight causes just as many cancer deaths as cigarette smoking! Research strongly suggests that fat encourages tumors to grow so hop on that treadmill while you watch the next episode of The Real Housewives
- Feeling a little sluggish during the day? You might not be drinking enough water. Dehydration can make you feel tired and it may slow your metabolism down. Stay hydrated and you’ll be more alert. Make it more palatable by adding a few slices of lemon, lime or orange
- Germs Like hard surfaces such as light switches, door knobs and remote controls so wipe them of regularly, especially after someone in your family has been ill. Research has found that one third of the surfaces in hotel rooms were still covered in germs a day later, even after the room was cleaned. Eeww. Good reason to pack some wipes.
- Are you looking to add more fiber and omega-3 fatty acids to your diet? Sprinkle ground flax seeds on yogurt, cereal, smoothies, nut butters and add some to your pancake and cookie mixes
Kelly Blackwell says
Great tips. I am definitely trying to do many of those. Swimsuit season is going to be a kind season this year. 🙂 Thank you for sharing!
Thank you, I’m glad they were helpful tips!
MD Galvin says
I often find myself losing a little steam in the afternoon. Next time I am going to get a big glass of water and see if that helps. Thanks!
I hope it does, it helps me!
Susan Cooper says
These are great tips. I love bananas and their health benefits. As a business traveler, I always made sure to pck wipes to wipe down the room. 🙂
BYOW (bringing your own wipes) is very smart! I’ve heard spraying colloidal silver helps keep germs away as well.
Love bananas! Thanks for the tips!
My pleasure! Glad they were useful 🙂