One of the questions I am most often asked is, “what sunscreen should I use?!” Using quality sunscreen that is free of toxic chemicals is important but equally important is keeping an eye out for changes in your skin.
Do you go to the dermatologist for yearly skin checks? Do you take you kids for yearly skin checks? It’s not just adults that are at risk of skin cancer.
May is skin cancer prevention month and quite coincidentally, my son’s skin check potentially saved his life. In this recent live stream I did in my Facebook group, I tell the whole story, share some of my favorite sunscreen brands & clear up confusion surrounding a controversial ingredient found in many skin care products, titanium dioxide.
At 4:30 minutes in, I discuss the importance of skin checks & exactly how my son’s saved him from an unfavorable diagnosis down the line.
I don’t want to sound dramatic but the dermatologist said that this would have turned into melanoma. I feel very blessed that we caught it so early. I’m proud of him, he noticed it on his back & brought it to my attention.
I have had 2 basal cell carcinomas removed.Tanning with baby oil back in the 80s? Guilty. They were very small, I found both myself. It’s important to check yourself frequently & when something new pops up, have it checked out.
It’s so important to know your skin and your entire body and be aware of any changes whether they seem abnormal or not.
I also have a very special & might I add, extremely cute guest joining me in this video!
Protect yourself and your loved ones and schedule those skin checks!
Feel free to join my private Facebook group where we share all things wellness, eco friendly living & organic beauty & I’ll be doing informative live streams, Q & As & more!
It can be overwhelming to know what products are safe and which to avoid. To help people figure it out and minimize their body’s toxic burden, I’m running a fun, FREE green your beauty routine challenge in July:
In this challenge, you’ll learn simple tips that you can start right away to look better, feel great & improve your health by detoxing your beauty & personal care routine without giving up glamour 🌷 It will be fun, sign up here!
It runs this week but you can still participate & reap the benefits. I’ll send the videos & info to everyone who signs up so you can access & peruse at your leisure 🙂
Going green with your beauty and personal care routine will help you make significant improvements in your health and in the way you look. But it can be confusing, can’t it? It’s not easy to know what to do, which products to use, which methods really work and which resources to trust.
You want to look your best naturally and achieve a more youthful appearance without slathering yourself with harmful chemicals, right? You can! Ditch the toxins with my free beauty checklist, The Savvy Girl’s Guide To Looking Younger Without Toxic Chemicals In 10 Easy Steps.
This cheat sheet gives you simple, actionable tips that you can start right away to look & feel hotter & even more more fabulous than you already are 🌸
I’ve done the research, I’ve tested methods and products galore. I want to share my top organic beauty secrets with you. These tips go way beyond skincare products to help you look & feel your best.
I also want to prevent you from getting greenwashed. What is greenwashing? It is when companies display insincere concern for our health & the environment claiming their products are clean when they actually are not.
Are you ready to turn back the clock naturally, look younger, improve your health & feel better without using unsafe products? Here’s How In 10 easy Steps
Your journey to organic beauty & wellness starts now! Click here or enter your name & email below and your FREE checklist will be delivered right to your inbox.
A votre sante! 💜
I’ve been slathering coconut oil all over my body and cooking with it for years. To reap its many health and eco friendly beauty benefits, use high quality unrefined organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil.
- Coconut oil strengthens the immune system.
- Coconut oil has a high smoke point so it’s ideal to cook with. Its antiviral and anti-fungal properties prevent it from oxidizing so it won’t go rancid at a high heat like other oils. Dr. Mercola says that although it is a saturated fat, the fats are small/medium chain fats so they diffuse and provide energy.
- Coconut oil is an amazing natural moisturizer, it works wonders on dry skin and has been shown to firm skin and help prevent wrinkles. Apply it directly or mix it with your favorite facial and body moisturizers.
- It has strong anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-viral properties so it helps fight infections in the body and on the skin.
- Dr. Oz says 1 tablespoon a day will boost your energy level. It goes directly to the brain so it’s quickly used as energy rather than being stored like most fats. Try it on toast and in recipes instead of butter.
- Coconut oil has excellent anti-inflammatory properties, it’s high in lauric acid so it boosts metabolism and may help with weight loss.
- It helps control blood sugar, aids thyroid function and helps the body absorb calcium and magnesium.
- Coconut oil is a great conditioner for your hair. Massage it into your scalp, work it onto the ends of your hair, leave it in for about 30 minutes then wash and condition your hair as usual. I saw a friend at a party and thought her hair looked especially beautiful, she surprisingly attributed it to advice that I had given her a month earlier: coconut oil.
- Its anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties make it fantastic for use on diaper rash and cradle cap in infants.
- Countries whose diets include high amounts have been shown to have lower rates of heart disease. However, because it is saturated, it can raise cholesterol levels. This is the controversial aspect of coconut oil to keep in mind and talk to your doctor regarding concerns if you have cholesterol issues
- Oil pulling with it whitens teeth and keeps your mouth healthy and kissable. Swish it around for 20 minutes first thing in the morning then rinse and brush your teeth.
Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding day, but makeup should be the end of your routine – not the start. To obtain perfect wedding skin you have to start months before the big day and stick to natural, non-toxic ingredients.This week on Green Bride Guide I offer my top 8 Tips For Your Non Toxic Bridal Beauty Regime. Head over and check out my article so you can be a natural beauty on your wedding and every day!