Guest post by Cassie Brewer
Your hair is your crowning glory, it should be beautiful and bright just like your diamond rings. Achieving tantalizing tresses is a lot like looking after your skin. Follow this natural routine and you’ll enjoy good hair days every day.
- Shift Your Shampoo Routine You shouldn’t wash your hair daily, 2 – 3 times a week is plenty. When you apply shampoo, take time to massage your scalp. This is an important step because it boosts blood flow to the scalp, which stimulates your hair’s natural oils that coat the hair and let it shine.
2. Use a High-Gloss Conditioner Conditioner is a must to ensure smoother hair and coconut oil is a brilliant deep conditioner that promotes softness and shine thanks to its fatty acids. Just a small amount is all you need for detangled, gorgeous hair. Apply, leave on for at least 30 minutes then shampoo.
3. Eat Foods that Promote Shine For extra gloss, consume foods that have smoothing properties. Besides ensuring you eat several servings of fruits and vegetables every day (which is also vital for all-round health), eat foods rich in omega-3, such as salmon and tuna.
These boost your hair’s health, making it glow. L-cysteine also makes your hair healthier. This amino acid makes up 18% of your hair and forms keratin, a protein your hair needs to grow healthily. You can find L-cysteine in eggs, poultry, and dairy.
4. Brush Twice Daily You want to brush your hair twice a day, just like your teeth! But make sure that you brush your hair at the bottom first and then work your way up. Brushing your hair distributes its natural oils so that it doesn’t become dry. Make sure you clean your brushes at least once a month with some lukewarm water and baking soda.
5. Switch to Air-Drying For stronger hair that looks healthy, start letting your hair dry naturally. If you simply must use heated tools, limit their use to once or twice a week max.
6. Slap on the Sunscreen Choose products with SPF protection for your hair so that when you’re spending time outdoors enjoying summer you’re not putting your hair at risk of becoming weak and dry from all the heat it absorbs.
7. Look After Your Skin Your hair is a halo surrounding your face, the right color and shine can enliven your complexion. Take care of your skin with safe products and healthy habits, such as not smoking and eating nutritious meals – the bonus is that these habits will also benefit your hair.